Friday, December 5, 2008

Tis the Season...

There has been a lot going on in my head lately. About people and how people treat people. I still feel we are on the cusp of a new world. Where things are getting ready to change. Where people will get excited again and live rather than just get by. But in my belief that everything gets worse before it gets better, I am still sadly reminded that there are things out there that are just not good. People hurting and not living the life they think they are. Enough.

So in order so kick off this holiday season right. I defer to a man that taught me lots of holiday wisdom. He also made me laugh hysterically at the fact that I could see an exaggerated version of my family in his holiday. And right now, at this moment, what he said says it best...
Clark W. Griswold.

"I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane, with all the other rich people, and I want him brought right here with a big ribbon on his head. And, I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, floor-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey sh** he is! Hallelujah! Holly Sh**! Where's the Tylenol?"
Merry Christmas! Shitter was Full...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have to tell you that chevy chase makes me laugh pretty much in anything he does. we were doing parade one day, i was 'singing' and he was on the bridge... i had to let someone else 'sing' cause i just knew, seeing him there, would make me laugh outloud!

anyway... i LOVE this movie... and just got the idea that this year, i think tim and i should share it with rebecca. she'll definitely get the humor in it!

thanks for the reminder of one of the greatest movies ever! and for giving me a smile on this "didn't sleep well, it's gonna rain and i have to Christmas shop" morning!

xoxo