Monday, February 23, 2009

Two months into this whole unemployment thing and all I have managed is a whole lot of feelings guilt. Tis true, I quit my job in a world where people are loosing them outright everyday. I feel so guilty. But what exactly am I guilty of? I know that the spa I worked for was headed for the toilet. I looked at the numbers and fumbled through the daily desperation of the owners for over a year. We were circling the drain. For a long time. I can't be guilty of anything yet. We are making it just fine. Is it the anticipation of what could happen or just the daily flooding of my brain with all the "recession" news. This is a battle that I think is just beginning. I refuse to loose this battle. Last week was a bad week. Between getting sick, getting turned downed for a job that i was sure I had, and a tornado ripping up my neighborhood. (What? I didn't mention the tornado?) Today, I woke up a bit clearer and not as down on myself. I am a good wife and mother. Is that all, I am? No, but for now, I relish that title, because they are what is keeping me going. Or more importantly, smiling...

No comments: