Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Muppets and Potty Training...

So the time has come that I have to try to, at least, start steering Ryan towards using the toilet.  I'm not one of those moms that is sad or down about this because it means he is growing up.  I just have absolutely no patience for this at this exact moment in my life.  I would rather just keep changing diapers.  Its predictable and quite frankly, I am really good at it.  We have had a bit of success with peeing in his little potty, but we all know that pee diapers aren't the problem.  Right???
The thing with Ryan, is that he could care less if his diaper is dirty.  He would sit in that thing all day long.  This doesn't seem to be the case with Corey.  He fusses the minute he is soiled.  But we will talk about that in the not so distant future.  Because he is a boy and that could change at any moment.
I was shopping for Ryan's birthday present the other day and I stumbled across something that combined mine and Ryan's latest obessession.  It's a dvd called, "Elmo Potty Time!"  I was like Dang!  Who knew muppets crapped???  So I scooped it up and paid $10 in hopes that Elmo could do what mommy hasn't been able to do.  Get Ryan in the bathroom.  Stay tuned to see if Elmo has anymore luck than I did.

No comments: