Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hope this is just a stage...

Ryan has become obsessed with balls...




Or anything round that somewhat resembles a ball. We see apples at the grocery store. Ba Ba. It started out innocent enough. Awww. Look how cute. He likes throwing the ball. As a 12 month old without a lot of dexterity it was REAL cute. Now we have an 18 month old. With Peyton Manning's arm. Anything and everything he can pick up. Even if it is heavy. He hurls it across the room. Blocks, toy cars, coasters, Elmo Live, shoes, rugs, books, picture frames, end tables, dog water dishes. In fact, there isn't much that we haven't thrown a strike with. Notice, I said strike. Of course it was a strike! Well last night this "stage" took on a whole new meaning. Somewhere between Luck Charms in the morning and bathtime at night, we developed aim. Just when I thought things could not get more dangerous, he now picks what he wants to hit. And as soon as that hits the floor he picks it up and hurls it at the next thing. Read the books. They say try your best to teach but also try to ignore. He will move through it and it shouldn't last long. Okay. Whatever.









My husband is hoping this means quarterback. I wanted a kicker. More longevity and less contact. But right now, I KNOW, I couldn't take him punting things across the living room.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Micah does the same thing, he throw everything :O( He is the only one I can remember doing this, he has even hit me in the car with binkies, bottles, toys blankets, socks etc. I hope it is just a stage too, someone might get hurt. He does have a great arm though! I just hope and pray for our sakes they are just going through a stage and it passes quickly.
Hugs,
Christine