Friday, January 16, 2009

I have been given a hard time for being openly excited about our new president. But today. Just 3 days before the inauguration, I am proud, to say, I am VERY excited! This is my blog. Therefore my forum. I am not wrong for feeling the way I do. And neither are you. I am proud that I live where so many people can have a difference in opinion. But I will not be shot down or deflated because I feel good about where this country is headed. So don't read this. Stop now. I don't care either way. Just promise you will move into the way things are and away from what you think they should be.

I have been told that Barrack Obama is not making history. I don't understand what their definition of history is, but is he not the first African American President? What about the first man on the moon? Or the first woman to vote? Are they not in our history books? It just reminds me that there is predjudice and that makes me sad.

With our country in economic ruin, unemployment rising, our soldiers dying in Iraq, and most of the world thinking the United States is an arrogant joke, I feel like we might have a fighting chance.
Does it matter why?

I have hope and renewed faith in my country and its government.
Does it matter why?

This country showed up to vote for their candidate. No matter who he was. Because they felt it mattered this time.
Does it matter why?

I now live in a country where the are "no excuses". No one can say they were passed over or left behind because of their sex, race, or economic class.
Does it matter why?

I want to be a better American and I have pride for my country again.
Does it matter why?

This country is going to TURN out for a presidential inauguration. It's not the Super Bowl, or finale of American Idol. It is a presidential event! That is huge. Can you dispute that?
DOES IT MATTER WHY?

I get choked up when I think about my son. Our children deserve to inherit a country they can be proud of. We are not better than off than we were 8 years ago. That is fact. And anyone who tries to dispute that is delusional. We have needed to move forward and we are moving forward. One man cannot change the world. I am not ignorant to that fact. But the millions that he inspired CAN!

1/20/09 The End of an Error...

No comments: