Monday, November 3, 2008

So long Sony Vaio...

So I am a whore.



A terrible terrible addicted to technology whore. I am really ashamed. I am. I spent two days last week in tears about my laptop. I rushed home and saved everything on the hard drive. You see, I lost all my honeymoon pictures when the hard drive crashed the last time. After everything was saved, I took the computer to a place here in town. I walked in and was greeted by a guy who was definitely a hacker, (No doubt, had a hand in creating the virus that killed my laptop. Lip ring and all) and a skinny guy in tight jeans wearing a "members only" jacket. (Yup. That guy in the back of the class IS making more money than us.)

They wanted a ton of money just to run a diagnostic on it. Well that I could swallow. It was when he told me he wouldn't be able to get to it for a week, that I panicked. WTH!!! No way!! I couldn't go a whole week without my computer. I might as well be drifting alone in the middle of the Atlantic on a raft. No effin way!!!

So I did the unthinkable. I went to Best Buy. I bought a new laptop. I am ashamed. So here I sit. Typing to you on my New HP. Call it buyer's remorse. Call it guilt. Call it anything you want. But by the end of the first evening with it. I called it LOVE!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you sad, sad, little whore!!! i can't believe you went out and bought a new computer. although... i can really! i'm the same way. when tim went out of town a few weeks ago, for work, i was so afraid he'd have to take the computer with him. we have a desk top computer... but it's so old, it hardly works. luckily he left it here with me! whew!!

congrats on the new laptop!!!!

xoxo